Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Ultrasound - 25 weeks

I had a follow-up ultrasound this afternoon. They wanted to double check the size of the kidneys. I'm not exactly sure what the concern was. My doctor didn't seem to think there would be any problems but she just wanted to be sure. I'll find out the detailed results next Friday at my routine OB check but the technician that did the ultrasound today said that she thought that everything looked great! Kidneys looked normal so that was a relief!

My mom came with since Keith is super busy this week at work. She was excited to see everything. Baby was very active almost the whole time so that was fun to watch. It was in a "pike" position most of the time (legs were straight over it's head... knees in it's face). How uncomfortable looking! Then we saw it doing the sucking motion with it's hand by it's face but there wasn't anything in it's mouth... you could see the mouth open and the tongue moving. Amazing!

The baby's stats...
Weight: 1 pound 10 ounces
Percentile: 51%
Heart rate: 157 bpm

I didn't get pictures on a disc this time so I don't have any to share. Bummer. We were just happy to see that everything looked great!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment