Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Who's the Boss?

I had to share this cute story before I forget the details...

After I gave Jared a bath tonight I told him to go down to his room (in the basement) to get his shorts (PJ's). Most nights he does this, no questions asked. Tonight he was afraid of the dark so I had to stand at the top of the stairs and coach him. He probably made 3 trips up and down the steps before he finally made it all the way to the bottom. (The light was on in the stairwell so all he needed to do was flip the light on at the bottom) As he was standing 3 steps from the bottom I told him to say, "I'm not afraid of you, you dumb dark!" And he did... dark sounded like dirt. I could hardly keep from laughing out loud (he's still buck naked from his bath). Then I told him, "Say you're the boss" and he said, "You're the boss!" Seriously too damn funny! So I corrected him and he said, "I'm the boss you dumb dark... I'm not scared, you dumb dark" again, dark sounding like dirt. He finally gained the confidence to get the bottom light on and then to his bedroom. I couldn't see him anymore but I heard him say, "That wasn't so bad!" from his room. I couldn't hold it anymore and burst out laughing! 

That kid just cracks me up sometimes!!! I love it! I always say that I need a recorder on that kid at all times... I might just have to get a digital one for moments like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment