Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter Visitor

March 31st...
We had a visitor in the big tree in our front yard...
A very BIG Bald Eagle!
Saturday night I had the garage door open and was unloading stuff out of the van when I heard a splash on the cement in the driveway. It was dark and I couldn't see much so I thought a small branch or something fell from the tree. I even stared up at the tree for a while just because it was such a strange sound (like tossing a small amount of water) but, I couldn't see much and didn't think much more about it. The next morning
Keith took this picture just after dawn when he the Easter Bunny was hiding eggs in the yard. Crazy! This tree is about 25 feet from our house! He said it took off shortly after he took the picture and that the wing span had to have been at least 6 feet. As it left the tree it dropped to about 5 feet above the ground before it finally got some lift. Dozer, our dog, took off after it and I guess it was pretty comical. He has been known to catch birds mid-flight but this thing could've probably picked him up and carried him off. ;) And the splash sound that I heard? There was a lot of white 'stuff" on our driveway. He was perched up there all night! Fun story... just had to share. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment