Wednesday, March 26, 2014

One last ride...

September 2nd, 2013...

My dad's birthday. He would've been 61. For many years he went on a motorcycle run with a group of his friends on Labor Day. This year it happened to be the same day. They wanted to do it in his memory so I strapped his urn (that his good friend, Donnie, made) to the back of his Harley and took him for one last ride. We met at Donnie's place. The 'Garage Boys' hung out there every Friday night. Don drove my dad's homemade V8 motorcycle. It's a beast and not very comfortable to ride but he knew my dad was so proud of that bike so he was honored to do it! It was a beautiful day and I really enjoyed spending time with his friends and hearing stories from the good-ole-days with Frank. The rest of the family followed us in vehicles so we had a pretty big group.



Headed towards the Red Rock Dells near Comfrey...




The whole group
 
Donnie on the V8

No comments:

Post a Comment