Monday, August 1, 2011

Iowa Auction

June 24th...

My dad, Frank, went down to Iowa for an auction at the farm of his uncle, Gerald Lappe, that died at the end of 2009. Gerald's son, Larry, worked very hard to get all of the equipment and household items ready for the auction. Here is his website if you're interested in checking it out... Larry Lappe Website. Gerald collected everything and anything so the pictures he has on the website are very interesting.

Gerald on his 1947 Knucklehead Harley Davidson Motorcylcle...

Larry took this picture of my dad sitting on the same motorcycle that sold at the auction...
for $41,000!!!

Here's the original picture...

Larry edited out all of the stuff in the background and sent copies to us. Thanks, Larry!

Kinda wish I would've gone down to Iowa with dad just to see the farm.
I was there many, many years ago but I was too young to remember anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment