Monday, January 2, 2012

Jared's 7th Birthday

December 14th...

Jared got the special treatment on his birthday. I took a few hours off of work in the morning so I could take him to school instead of riding the bus. We stopped at Walmart to pick up cupcakes for his class... one of his favorite treats! I got to hang out in his classroom for a few minutes and observe their morning routine. I'm always in awe of teachers and how they can get a class full of kids (that are full of energy) to behave... and make it look easy! I was also greeted by his class with a "Good morning, Mrs. Beranek. God bless you." How cool is that?! I had to giggle... nobody calls me Mrs. Beranek!

Mrs. Esser and the birthday boy...

Jared's 1st Grade Class...
(minus a few that were sick)

Silly faces...


To finish off the day I made his favorite food for supper... Spaghetti. I also surprised him with one of his other favorite treats... donuts from the Backerei! I'm not really a cake baker and I'm pretty sure he'd pick a donut over a piece of cake any day. He thought it was pretty cool when I brought out the box of donuts with a candle in one while we sang Happy Birthday to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment